Friday, August 17, 2007

Some Thoughts On Home Haircuts

If hair hits your eyes or your mouth when riding in a summertime jeep, it's too long.

Symmetry is a good thing.

When cutting hair with electric clippers, put an attachment on unless you want a buzz cut.

Brunette hair is more forgiving than blond.

For a quick wedge cut, put on a ball cap frontward and cut whatever sticks out the back. Then put the cap on backward and cut whatever sticks out the front.

Don't cut your own hair when you are being ruled by humidity or hormones.

A cool haircut sign would be
HAIRCUTS, $2.00
BAD HAIRCUTS, $1.00

You can get reeeeeeeeeally dizzy if you spin on a barber chair too long.

Keep your clippers oiled.

Don't say "Oops."

If there is an "Oops," remember I Samuel 16:7...
God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside of a person, but the Lord looks at the heart.
Sue


PS Katrina is a quick study with clippers.





3 comments:

Whitfield said...

hahaha I once cut my hair while ruled by hormones (I think I was 13 or 14). grins I divided my hair down the middle of my head (my hair at that time was waist-length), brought both sides to the front, and cut a couple inches off leaving to visibly even ends...
Until I looked in a mirror that gave me a full view of my back a couple months later...
And realized that I had a perfectly formed "V" down my back.
Oops. ;)

L. Lao said...

My "A-te" Katrina once shaved my head. She cut me half-a-dozen times. Here's my tip if you want to shave someone's head.

1) Use a sharp blade and replace once it's blunt.
2) Make sure you have a good supply of shaving cream.
3) If you notice that you have a lot of pimples on your head, don't shave.

Whitfield said...

Becca and I still want to come down and visit before school starts (which is soon!). We just have to figure out a couple options for dates. I'll give you guys a call soon so we can see what would work best for you. And maybe then we can talk about Kenya! :)
love you!!
Rachel