Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Favorite Campground

We've found a favorite campground!
It's secluded and quiet,
with wild animals like turkey and deer that the manager feeds daily.
Showers are free, as is the laundry.
The place has swings for the kids,
some great climbing trees,
and a nearby stream to play in.
There's a great swimming hole within a five minute drive,
and the campground has a hot tub to relax in
while you watch the stars and meteors.
Barbeques are held regularly.

Actually, the campground used to be even better.
Fifteen years ago, it had a dog, a cat, a sandbox, and lots of toys.
On a camping trip,
the boys were sooo excited when we described it to them,
then sooo ticked when they found out it was their home.

*Ahem.* Come visit us.
We love company!
And we won't even make you sleep outside.

Sue

PS. Next time, a not-so-favorite campsite....

4 comments:

KJBLS said...

When we were in State College buying Paul's Chacos, we got into a conversation with one of the store clerks. He asked where we live and we started describing Masumbo (thatched house, zipline across the river, waterfall nearby...). He listened in disbelief and exclaimed, "You guys live in paradise!"
We looked at each other and had to agree.
There's something about looking at our home objectively that made us realize how blessed we really are!

mike said...

I love your blog!

And Tegan and I have wanted to go 'camping' for quite a while now, so you may find visitors sooner rather than later. :-)

janalynn said...

I am so excited that you have a blog now I can get shaffner joys year round and not just at Christmas time, I must admit your card/letter at Christmas is always my favorite! And speaking of favorites I would have to agree that you home is one of my favorite campsites. As soon as I am feeling better I am going to make a trip and enjoy a cup of tea by the outdoor fireplace! I miss you guys! Also I have a blog now - it is called in the grip of grace and I think it may be listed under janalynn8

janalynn said...

Here is my email address - but I don't have yours so you will have to send it to me janalynn8@gmail.com